Our Lady of Mount Carmel Pre-K 4
Alison Julius, Pre-K 4 Teacher Email: email@example.com
What We Do in Pre-K 4
Arts and Crafts
Daily Snack and Lunch (provided by parent)
Recess Rest time (mat and blanket provided)
Gym, Music, Library and Art
Small Group Activities
Reading and Math Readiness Activities
Show and Tell
Reading Readiness Program: ‘Happily Ever After’
• Teaches a rich curriculum of early literacy skills
• Story and structure appreciation
• Print and book awareness
• Letter recognition and naming
• Auditory discrimination
• Phonological and phonemic awareness
• Listening and direction following
• Fine motor skills
• Recognizing colors and shapes
• Oral language development
• Emergent writing through children’s dictation
• Listening and following directions from a CD
• Position and direction, sorting and classifying
• Shapes and patterns
• Number sense, geometric solids
• Time and shape
‘I AM SPECIAL’ Religion Program
- Develop positive attitudes about themselves, their family, and friends by discovering and learning more about the many gifts, talents, and abilities that God has provided.
- Increase knowledge about the Church’s liturgical seasons of Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter.
- Increase their knowledge about God and friendship with Jesus.
- Practice Christian actions towards others such as taking turns, listening, helping, waiting, caring, sharing, loving and thanking others.
- Through stories, songs, finger plays, games, dramatizations, lesson-related prayers, and sensory activities, children can realize God’s love for them.