Third Grade Grading Policy
- Student grades are scored on an outcome based scale: Exceeds Grade Level expectation (E), Grade Level Expectation (G), Minimum Level Expectation (M), Not Meet Expectations (N)
- Students’ grades will be taken from work samples, formal and informal assessments, literacy skill assessments, writing assessments, and math assessments.
- Students’ grades will be based on the ability to understand and apply whole and small group instruction.
- Students’ grades can be reevaluated after reassessments with no minimum number of retakes.
- Work Skills and Social Development grades will include behavior, work habits, class participation, and homework.
- Homework Check List: All written work. Students follow written directions. I will grade on: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Penmanship. Grades are: Check plus - Outstanding work - no mistakes, Check - Good work - few mistakes, Check minus - Needs improvement - many mistakes