2015-2016 Student Council
The purpose of our student council is provide our students with an organization which will help them develop their leadership skills through faith in action community projects. Students in grades four through eight elect representatives to attend monthy meetings.
- November - Food collection for Father Dave's pantry
- December - Collecting toys for Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- January - Hat and Mitten drive. All items went to needy children in Meriden
- February - Hats On Day! and March - Coin collecting. All money went to the Leukemia-Lymphoma Society. Both events raised a total of $451.92.
- April - Collecting items for the Meriden Humane Society
- May - OLMC School raised $445 to help the Clinica la Amistad in Honduras
Student Council News
The Student Council thanks the OLMC Community for supporting the Warm Winter Clothing Drive. Donated items went to The Carriage House in Meriden.
OLMC Community helps deliver Christmas Spirit. A thoughtful young man named Chris was thankful for the toy that helped him feel better while at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. When OLMC teacher, Mrs. Maier, learned of the letter Chris wrote expressing his wish to help the hospital provide toys for other children, she engaged Mrs. Massetti and the OLMC Student Council to organize a toy drive to help Chris fulfill his Christmas wish. OLMC students, staff, and families generously donated toys. Chris and his family came to visit with the Student Council and see the toys they collected. Santa’s elves, Mrs. Massetti and Mrs. Maier, delivered the toys to the hospital just in time for Christmas.