Sixth Grade Supply List 2017-2018
$15.00 Class Auction Gift Donation
- 3 boxes of tissues per quarter
- 1 container of wet wipes
- 3 rolls of paper towels per quarter
- 1 container pump soap
- Black pens
- Blue pens
- Red pens
- 20 Pencils
- Packet of Dry Erase Markers – all grades
- Ruler to fit in pencil case
- 5 marble pads – all grades
- TI 30 XS model Scientific calculator
- Soft pencil case
- Wide ruled loose leaf paper packets
- One folder (this will hold all papers)
- Book Covers for all hard cover books
- Index Cards
- Index Card Box
- *A welcome contribution is a ream of white copy paper, if families are able to donate this.
Art Box Supplies
- Plastic Shoe Box
- Colored pencils
- Watercolor paints
- Glue stick
- Liquid glue
- 9x12 sketch book
- Small ruler to fit in pencil case
Assignment pads will be supplied the first week of school
WHITE OUT, BINDERS (TRAPPER KEEPERS), SPIRAL NOTEBOOKS ARE NOT PERMITTED!
The binder is an issue of size and safety. There is no room in the desks, and we do not have storage around the room, which leaves us with binders all over the floor. We have had students and teachers trip and fall due to the clutter they cause. Also, with 80 students switching classes every 40 minutes, and carrying many heavy books, the binders become awkward and unbalanced.
We have also found that binders actually cause the student to become more disorganized. Students are allowed one notebook per class, and only ONE folder. This way, papers can either be in the subject book, notebook, or folder. This helps us to help our students become more focused and organized.