History of OLMC
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is a Catholic elementary school, sponsored and supported by Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish. OLMC originally opened its doors to students in grades kindergarten through grade six in 1944, when the Rev. Walter Lyddy purchased the Nathan Hale Public School from the city of Meriden. By 1947, the school was a learning center for youngsters from kindergarten through grade nine.
For seventy years, Our Lady of Mount Carmel School has provided challenges and opportunities for our students to advance to their fullest potential by teaching Catholic doctrine and moral values, developing academic skills, creating high standards of achievement and building a positive self-image and respect for others. Today, Our Lady of Mount Carmel School continues as the best vehicle for evangelization providing students from pre-kindergarten through grade eight with a strong academic foundation.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School welcomes students from all parishes, nationalities and faiths, and invites the children and their families to become part of our school community.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School has its accreditation through New England Association of Schools and Colleges.